Whippendell Marine Ltd. is a leading supplier of electrical engineering solutions, services and products to the defence and industrial sectors. As a long-standing customer – they have used our services for over 21 years – we were their first port-of-call when they recently decided to move their head office from Watford to Milton Keynes.
As well as retaining their existing telephone numbers despite the move to a new location, they wanted to take the opportunity to upgrade their telephony solution to help maximise efficiency and collaboration across their teams, whilst maintaining communication security across their mobile workforce.
The company’s fixed infrastructure, which was based on ISDN, lacked the flexibility or a relevant upgrade path, so we designed a solution around SIP trunks for maximum speed, reliability and adaptability, and to enable them to integrate a flexible IP-based telephony system and a more comprehensive business internet connection.
The SIP Trunk solution offers a scalable system which allows the company to port telephone numbers, and direct dial numbers, easily with advanced features and benefits including
- Reduced call charges and cost-savings on line charges
- Better line technology.
- Scalability for future growth of the business (SIP trunks can be scaled quickly and easily with no lengthy install times).
- Ability to migrate numbers wherever they are.
- High quality audio for better communication.
- No physical line installation into the new building – SIP is made up of virtual lines – Voice & Data are consolidated over the same connection.
The system in place is MiVoice office 250, with around 30 IP handsets. These have been installed in the office and warehouse areas, allowing staff to communicate throughout the building.
All telephone numbers have been ported efficiently to ensure as little downtime as possible and we have installed a new ethernet circuit into the new Milton Keynes building. This will give the company enough bandwidth to power their telephones and internet through the same connection with:
- Faster connection speeds
- Connection reliability
- Guaranteed bandwidth speeds
- Service level agreements (the company rely heavily on Internet for the day-to-day running of the business)
- Fully managed router
- 24/7 support from VSL
Find out more
For more information on how we can help your business maximise its connectivity, get in touch with us today.