Meet The Team: Jackie
At VSL, our team is made up of hard-working, attentive employees with combined telecoms experience of over 200 years! We thought maybe you’d like to get to know us a bit more. So here is the first instalment of our ‘Meet The Team’ posts.
Job Title: Account Manager
1. How long have you been with VSL?
2. What’s been the best moment of your career at VSL?
There isn’t a ‘best’ moment but the most rewarding is being involved with all aspects of delivering a solution to a customer, especially when I’ve encountered a challenge!
3. What’s the best thing about working at VSL?
Working with such a great team – it’s always nice to have a laugh to break up a jam-packed day.
4. How long have you been in the telecoms industry?
5. What’s the biggest change in the industry from when you started to right now?
Probably mobility and how it’s developed to allow me to twin my mobile when I’m out of the office so I can be reached on the same number. When I started working in telecoms, we didn’t have mobile phones and had to use phone boxes to make calls!!
6. What’s the most important thing you’ve learned working in the telecoms industry?
7. What’s your favourite product to sell?
Mitel Bluetooth handset – it means I get to be more flamboyant as I’m chatting to you on the phone, prancing around the office!
8. What’s your favourite Mitel feature?
Twinning your deskphone with your mobile – again, fab when I’m out and about on appointments.
9. What do you like to do outside of work?
Amateur dramatics, running, tennis, family time
Come to our current show, The Quaintwood Players Variety Show Link Below:
10. What’s your favourite song?
Really struggle with this as I like so many and good songs are always being released – Early 80’s steals my heart but having teenage kids makes me partial to a bit of Jess Glynne.
11. What’s your favourite film?
Hmm, a bit like songs, good films come out every year but ones I like to watch again and again are Love Actually and Aliens.
12. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
30, as you are not middle aged but old enough to earn respect.
13. If you could eat one type of food or dessert every day and not suffer any consequences whatsoever, what would it be?
Curry and crème brulee, but not in the same bowl!
14. What would be the first thing you would do if you won the jackpot?
I’d direct my own production of Grease in the west end, and you’re all invited!