You have exactly a year, from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the current Data Protection Act (DPA). The new laws increase your responsibility in how you manage and share data and information, no matter how big or small your school is.
VSL internet security support packages are designed specifically for schools to ensure you not only comply with the Prevent Duty Act but that you can access the support you need, call us today for more information.
The Prevent Duty Act imposes a duty on schools and colleges, to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
More than ever it is essential that schools and educational establishments have the correct filtering and security in place to safeguard their students or they may face repercussions from Ofsted and other governmental bodies.
Ofsted needs to know how any the schools will identify strange behaviour and what the safeguarding representative does to protect the students.
VSL can provide the approved solution so that schools comply with the Prevent Duty Act. Without the correct filtering, reporting and safeguarding representatives, your organisation will receive a negative score within the Ofsted report.
The Prevent Duty Act:
- Filtering Web Traffic
- Blocking Evasive Protocols
- Reporting and Visibility into all traffic
- Bring Your Own Device, Social Media & Application Controls
How VSL can help:
- Comprehensive Dynamic URL Database and Safesearch
- Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) and Home Office
- Evasive Protocols
- Keyword Filtering and Real Time Alerts
- Drill Down Reporting
- BYOD and Guest Wi-Fi Management
- Advanced Application Management and Safe Social Media